Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Cup of Tea



When I was trying to decide which design to use for my sister's birthday card, I decided to try something I had never done before (and wouldn't do for just anyone :0). I used them both!! What you see is not the fronts of 2 different cards, but, instead, the front and back of the same card. Different, I know, but we liked it! For the first side, I took the cardboard sleeve off of a disposable cup from our favorite coffee shop (Brewbakers in Keene :o) and cut a section of it to use for my background. I loved how it was embossed already and added to the theme of the card. The stamps are from the Morning Cup stamp set by SU and the Better With You set by Verve, and I colored them in with markers using So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy, and Elegant Eggplant. For the second side, my colors are Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Old Olive, Rose Red, and Early Espresso, and my stamps are from the Fiskars set, Latte Love. I used a circle punch to cut out the images and a cute border punch also by Fiskars with some packing paper to create a cute bottom border for my focal point. Lastly, I added some texture and visual interest by using some small corduroy brads.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment