Monday, April 8, 2013

Collage Clothespin

Hi again. Can you believe that I've posted two days in a row? Well, I carved out time this weekend to catch up on some craft projects and cards and decided to play along with some of the challenges going on in the Moxie Fab World. Today I have a 3D project for the Summer Home Decor Challenge. Head over and check out all of the ideas and the other great entries for each of the four seasons. You can even comment to win if you check it out this evening :)



These over-sized clothespins are so fun, aren't they? I use this one as a recipe card holder, but it needed some dressing up so I painted it and then added bits of washi tape, by Tim Holtz, and images that I stamped and cut or punched out. I used Stampin' Up!'s Lovely Little Labels and Collage Curious sets for my images and stamped them in various colors (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, or Tattered Rose Distress Ink and Baja Breeze or Rich Razzleberry ink by SU). To protect everything from the inevitable batter splatters and water drops and such, I covered it all with a couple coats of Mod Podge just to be safe. I love how it turned out; it makes me think of traveling and backyard dinner parties and just being outside in nature which is why I entered it in the Summer category.
Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment: