Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Weddings


This week on the Pal's Paper Arts blog, they chose to feature a wedding theme challenge, and boy was it fitting for me. This Saturday I attended a beautiful outdoor wedding in Massachusetts, 90+ degree weather and all :o) So my card to them fit perfectly with the PPA challenge - PPA 51. For my card I used Basic Black cardstock for the background and lined the inside with Whisper White cardstock so that I could stamp my sentiment and sign the card. For the card front, I layered a piece of Coated White Pin Stripe paper from the old Taste of Textiles collection and used the "Cherish" stamp from the Warm Words set. Next I stamped the cake from the Year-to-Year set in Black Stazon Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored in the heart using Pastels and a Blender Pen, and finished the whole cake off by adding a layer of Crystal Effects. I added a layer of Basic Grey cardstock to offset the cake from the other white paper and then used a slot punch so that a piece of Purely Pomegranite satin ribbon could be threaded through it. There you have it, simple but elegant.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the Purely Pomegranite ribbon! So many wonderful details on this classy card! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and sweet - love the pin stripe paper! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete