Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cards for Dads




Happy summer everyone!!! Since we just celebrated Father's Day, I thought it fitting to share two masculine cards with you. The first card is one that I cased from the May/June issue of PaperCrafts magazine. The strips of color are various types of tape guys use: duct tape, electrical tape, painter's tape. I used chipboard letter stickers, thickers by American Crafts, for the word "stuck" and then printed out the other part of the sentiment onto white cardstock.

My second card uses just one image, the new Sail Away stamp by Stampin' Up!. This one is the digi version for MDS and it was only $0.95!! My two favorite things about digi stamps are that you can resize them and that they are so cheap :0) I sponged the background with bashful blue and marina mist to create the sky and sea look, using a piece of scrap paper to create the line and keep the colors from mixing too much. Because this image is such a nice large focal point, all I had to do was add a piece of real red cardstock to set it off from the crumb cake cardstock base and then tie some baker's twine around the bottom! I really like this color combo; its perfect for summer.

Thanks for stopping by and have a spectacular first day of summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment