Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Vintage Birthday Girl



Over the Thanksgiving holiday I enjoyed some extra craft time and put together some vintage cards that I had kind of started a while back. This birthday card is the one I am most proud of because I went out of my creative box and used an asymmetrical design which I learned how to create from the Paper Crafts special issue Card Design Handbook. The current Tuesday Trigger on the Moxie Fab World blog, Frame by Frame, was also a source of inspiration with its vintage look and light color scheme. I was so happy when the challenge continued again this week and I could play along cause I hadn't finished my card in time for the usual deadline!!

And now for the details of the card, I used Confetti White cardstock from Stampin' Up! as the card base and then strips of patterned paper from the Butterfly Garden collection by Pink Paislee. In the top corner, I used a piece of washi tape by Tim Holtz. The birthday sentiment is from Verve's Big Wish set and the little crown is from SU's Elementary Elegance set, but the little butterfly is a sticker from my odds and ends.
Thanks for stopping :)


2 comments:

  1. Hey Bethany! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bethany...this card is truly divine. Love the vintage feel and all the washi-love you have going on here. The mini butterfly is such a sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete