Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sheet Music Snowflake


Because the winter is still hanging on here in New England, I thought this card was a fitting one to share. I have recently discovered Mona Pendleton's blog and am fascinated by her many mixed media creations as well as her overall style, and this card was inspired by her work. I started by adding a coat of shimmer paint to a piece of sheet music and then layered it on an Almost Amethyst background. Then I die cute a large snowflake, spritzed it with shimmer mist, added a piece of glitter paper to the center, and attached it to the card with a large rhinestone brad. I punched strips of Pistachio Pudding cardstock with my favorite border punch and used them to frame the design. Lastly, for my sentiment, I used Verve's Merry Wishes set and added a little rhinestone in the corner for one more layer of bling.
Thanks for the inspiration Mona!

No comments:

Post a Comment