Monday, February 28, 2011

From One to Another


This week I created a sympathy card for a friend using SU's Thoughts and Prayers set and the Top Note die. I love this flower branch image and had wanted to try this soft looking color combo (kraft, vanilla, perfect plum, and regal rose), so I put them together to come up with the first card you see. The layout is similar to one I had been looking to try for a few days, so after I finished the first card and liked the colors so much, I created the next card using the single flower image from SU's Embrace Life set and the sentiment from Sincere Salutations. The kraft layer was embossed with an SU texture plate and a rhinestone brad added to the sentiment for interest. Then this card led me to create the last card pictured because the layout was so easy (love how that works sometimes :0). I used some old colors for this one, purely pomegranate and bermuda bay, and some glitter along with the balloon from Crazy for Cupcakes and a sentiment from For A Friend.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment