Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who's Ready For Summer

Forget spring, who's ready for summer?!!! That was my thought when creating my Aloha card. I used the design paper from SU that was in last summer's mini and coordinates with the Tropical Party stamp set. However, the stamps I used are from a set I picked up in Michael's in their $1 bin. So cute!!! Then I added some saffron ribbon, a felt flower and saffron brad to complete the sketch. These two cards followed the last two sketches for this month's Viva la Verve sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. For the other card, I used a pretty stamp from Verve's Big Wish set that I colored with markers and then stamped to get the two different colors and then die cut the paper to frame the image with a Nestabilities die set from Spellbinders. The nice design paper is from last year's spring line by DCVW. Can't wait to see what next month's sketch challenge will bring :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment